Sunday, February 8, 2009

Red Baron



This image was on the back of a Red Baron pizza box that I had bought earlier. I thought this was interesting because Red Baron and Toyota had established some type of marketing partnership, and these are two companies that I generally do not associate together. The contest included a variety of prizes, including pizza for a year and a $60 gas card, with the grand prize being a Toyota Prius for one lucky winner. I believe you had to enter a special code online after purchasing the pizza to qualify. This contest caught my eye because of the large placement of the Prius image on the back. I don't normally expect to see a car advertisement when I turn a pizza box over. Additionally, I thought the marketing partnership between the companies was interesting. I wonder if the collabortation between Toyota and Red Baron ended up being beneficial to both companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment