Sunday, February 8, 2009

Behavioral Targeting Techniques

After reading this week's chapter about consumer behavior, the section about behavioral targeting techniques resonated with me. Behavioral targeting techniques is when marketers can watch what you do online and then tailor the advertisements that appear on certain web sites to products you're actually looking for. For instance, last spring I was researching study-abroad opportunities online and the various companies associated with it. During that time, the advertisements that appeared next to my facebook and myspace pages were almost all study-abroad related. I thought this was a strange coincidence until my friend mentioned the same type of thing was happening to her. This chapter put a name to something that I had noticed earlier in the year. I thought this was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment