Monday, January 26, 2009

Markel Coffee House Sleeve

I bought a latte at the Markel Coffee House in the lower floor of the CUB last week. When I grabbed a coffee sleeve, I noticed that it had an advertisement for the WSU Education Abroad Fair that was scheduled to take place the next day. This caught my attention because I thought it was a clever way to draw interest to the event. It was informative as it included all the important information on the sleeve that anyone would need if they wanted to attend, including the website if they wanted to obtain more info. I thought putting marketing on a coffee sleeve was a smart, yet tactful way to advertise and promote an event. This was the first time I had noticed this type of marketing until Dr. Featherman brought in a similiar example to class the following day. I did not attend because I have already studied abroad (I was not the ideal target market for the ad), but it did successfully inform me about the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment